Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wendi Baggaley for Constitution & Bylaws Committee – Email 1 of 2 (Introduction)

[Note: This is the text of an email I sent last week to 550+ members of the Utah County Republican Party Central Committee.]

Hi!

My name is Wendi Baggaley and I would love to have your vote on August 27th for the Utah County Republican Party Constitution & Bylaws Committee.

The purpose of this first email is to introduce myself and present my background and experience for your consideration. My second email will highlight some current issues facing the Utah County Republican Party and my plans for addressing those issues on the Constitution & Bylaws Committee.

My husband, Michael, and I live in Eagle Mountain City with our four wonderful children. I know that my passion for politics directly affects my family. I work hard to make sure I show them an example of integrity, courtesy, community service, leadership, and excellence in all that I do. I have read our County Party’s Platform numerous times and I support the wise, conservative principles it contains.

The following experiences have uniquely prepared and qualified me to serve on the Constitution & Bylaws Committee:

EDUCATION AND OTHER POLITICAL SERVICE:
  • Bachelor Degree in Political Science, Brigham Young University (1998), including service to BYU College Republicans, BYU Students of the Constitution, Wright Leadership Seminar, Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society) and the KBYU/Utah Colleges Exit Poll.
  • BSA Merit Badge Counselor for Citizenship in the Community and Citizenship in the Nation (1997 – Present)
  • Utah State Legislature Internship for Senate Majority Leader Craig Peterson (1998)
  • Motivational Speaker on Civic Involvement to numerous youth & community groups (1998 – Present)
  • Campaign Manager, Heather Jackson for Eagle Mountain City Council (2005)
  • BSA Merit Badge Counselor for Public Speaking/Parliamentary Procedure (2006 – Present)

REPUBLICAN SERVICE:

  • Precinct Chair, State and County Delegate, Provo (1998); County Delegate, West Jordan (2000); Precinct Secretary, Vice-Chair, and County Delegate, Eagle Mountain (2004-2006); Precinct Chair, State and County Delegate, Eagle Mountain (2006-2008); Appointed County Delegate (April 2009); and Ex Officio State Delegate (June 2009)
  • Active member of the Utah County Republican Party Constitution & Bylaws Committee (2007 – 2009)
  • Parliamentarian and Bylaws Chair for Timpanogos Republican Women (April 2009 – Present)
  • Education Officer for Legislative District 56 (May 2009 – Present)

These and other experiences have taught me that while one person can make a difference, a team that works together can work miracles. As a member of the Constitution & Bylaws Committee, I pledge to cultivate an atmosphere of respect, courtesy, trust, and understanding within the committee and throughout our County Party, especially with those whose viewpoints differ from mine.

Again, I would love to earn your vote for the Utah County Republican Party Constitution & Bylaws Committee. Please plan to attend the Central Committee Meeting on August 27th, 7:00 p.m., at Lakeridge Jr. High School in Orem, Utah. More information about this meeting is available at www.UtahCountyGOP.org . If you have questions or thoughts you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact me at home or by email.

Sincerely,

Wendi J. Baggaley

No comments: